Nuffnang

Featured Post

Ensembles Wear my Design Year 3 (2014)

The piece I have designed for the Ensembles contest is now out in stores!

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Fresh Florals


More than my interest in fashion, it all boils down to my love for designing. It is the satisfaction I get from sketching on paper and being able to actualize something. And yes, having the authority to create what I want to wear.

I was able to sew a skirt from a textile I bought at Fabric Warehouse. I was quite hesitant with the print I picked. However, I got a nod from Ghe and that pacified my feeling of doubt.


I published a similar post on my Multiply site last 2009 (the year I was able to finish the skirt). The styling was a bit safe: a black top with bat wing sleeves + key necklace in silver + black leather shoes with gold studs  + me being nerdy with my glasses. Links below:



This is my take on the peplum skirt and/or the tulip skirt. Look closely as one fabric overlaps with another and then falls like a drape at the front.


Year 2012, my styling theme is stripes and floral. I don’t want my look to be too busy that’s why I chose red as my main color - a top in red and black stripes matching my skirt in red florals. I used some accessories too! A peter pan collar necklace with gems set in gold and connector rings in pearls and spikes.

 

 
I have neither background in fashion illustration nor sewing but I’m contemplating on enrolling at Fashion Institute of the Philippines or at SOFA.

http://www.fashioninstitutephil.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=14&Itemid=28#makatibranch

sofamanila.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...