Nuffnang

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Fely J's Kitchen


Fely J’s humble beginnings from a small kitchen to this noble restaurant that serves Filipino and Asian cuisine.






I was trying to probe the foodie inside me so I figured I wanted to have some crabs. Hence, choosing “Rickshaw Crab”. To my dismay, it wasn’t available that time. The one taking the order was polite enough to verify its availability. But then, it really wasn’t. Given that it was a Sunday lunch, I let it pass.


Next, we picked “Chicken Saté” served with an exotic peanut sauce. Strike two. I was about to walk out but I was dead hungry that time so Ghe and I stayed.

Here's what we have come up with - a variety with our choices.




Mangga – this is a standard element in our food escapade. The fruit is just fine. Their shrimp paste tastes ordinary. 



 

Sizzling Sisig – pork head meat sautéed in spices. This one got my approval since I like sisig to be crispy and crunchy. It was served in a small plate but it was enough for the two of us. The fusion of calamansi and chili brought out the flavor. 






Lamb Kaldereta – stewed lamb with olives and onions. The meat is tender and is immersed in a zesty sauce.

  


Gising-Gising – kangkong stems with shrimp in coconut sauce. Fresh veggies and the coconut cream was spot on. I didn’t mind the shrimp as they were chopped in tidbits.



And a couple of mango shake.





Though a bit pricey, the food is amazing here.◘


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...