Nuffnang

Featured Post

Ensembles Wear my Design Year 3 (2014)

The piece I have designed for the Ensembles contest is now out in stores!

Monday, October 29, 2012

Sage’s Fave Five: The Music of Christopher Cross



Celebrating the songs of Christopher Cross. I’ll give a run down of my favorites. And if you may, I’ll borrow lines which I hope I could have written them myself.


 photo: christophercross.com



5.     I Will (Take You Forever) = I was a girl who trusted no one with my heart; And the dreams that young girls dream were just vanishing in the dark. But now I've found the one; And heaven will only know what only my eyes can say … Now my touch belongs to you and I will always be your best friend. Now my secrets are safe with you and the magic will never end.

4.     Arthur’s Theme(Best That You Can Do) = When you get caught between the Moon and New York City; I know it's crazy but it's true; If you get caught between the Moon and New York City; The best that you can do; The best that you can do is fall in love.

3.     Sailing - Fantasy,it gets the best of me; When  I'm sailing; All caught up in the reverie; Every word is a symphony; Won't you believe me?

2.     Think of Laura = Hey Laura, where are you now? Are you far away from here? I don't think so; I think you're here; Taking our tears away.

1.      Swept Away = That you're everything I ever wanted at once; There's no holding this heart when it knows what it wants; And I never wanted anything more than to know you; And so it begins, this journey of love; The summer wind carries us to places all our own; The words of a look, the language of touch; The way that you want me means so much; And I never wanted anything more than to love you; The very first time you said my name; I knew it would never sound the same; Something about me has changed forever; Seeing my tomorrow's in your eyes; Gotta find a way to make you feel the way that I do; I was swept away; Without a warning, like night when the morning begins the day; I was swept away; We were swept away; Dreaming of you; Swept away.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...