Nuffnang

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Sage's Fave Five: Styx Songs



“Sage’s Fave Five” is the title of my blog’s regular column taking launch today (10-11-12).

And to get the ball rolling, I present my top 5 Styx songs.

Styx is popular for their style of progressive rock. A band during the 1970s that plays solid guitar riffs, melodic ballads or a combination of both.

 photo from rollingstone.com



1. First Time – how can something about making love so romantic and poetic? Listening to this song makes my heart beat faster and slower at the same time

2. The Best of Times – I love how it started subtle and then becomes a power ballad after a few stanzas

3. Don’t Let it End – I really wish that the music won’t end <winks>

4. Boat on the River – the use of accordion, mandolin and upright bass is just genius

5. Mr. Roboto – the synths. And who would forget ”Domo Arigato” and “Secret, secret, I’ve got a secret”?


They have classic songs. The lyricism… The guitar solos. It’s true that memories of yesterday will last a lifetime. ◘

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...