Nuffnang

Saturday, November 3, 2012

N U V O



It was last October 20 when we came across a live band at Nuvo Greenbelt. Too bad, Ghe and I had dinner and dessert already. You know, I am really drawn to music / live performances. So, I told him to set next week’s date at this place.

It’s 5 in the afternoon and my tummy would growl for food by this time. We then decided to grab a quick snack / dinner at a different place as the show will start around 7:30 – 8:00 pm.




When we arrived, there were a few people. We simply ordered for cakes and hot chocolate. Their Café Moccha which is 1/3 espresso, 1/3 steamed milk and 1/3 hot chocolate is love.  I fancy my cup dark / bitter while Ghe wanted it sweet and creamy.  We even attempted to do latte art. Okay, which one’s better?

My Cup:

Ghe's Cup

We tried Panacotta with a vanilla-flavored base and ice cream served with peach apricot compote. I think the idea is to balance the sweet base with the sour combination of the fruit. I’m just not a fan of the fruit. 


 
We also got Choco Crème brûlée which is a white chocolate crème brûlée served with milk chocolate ice cream. The texture of the smooth ice cream worked well with the hard custard base. 



The show has started and Peppermint Jam is in the house.  


 
People started to fill-in the tables.. We requested for ”Sunny Came Home” by Shawn Colvin. We just didn’t have the guts to claim it or rather we were not confident enough to sing the song on stage with them.

The guy can carry a tune.




The music transcends any specific period or genre. If my memory doesn’t fail me, their line-up included Hotel California, Promises, Englishman in New York, Price Tag, Somebody that I Used to Know among others. Most of which were asked for by the crowd.



I was so engaged with an applause after each song. And well, some quick glances at G for random tête-à-tête.

I just hope that gig venues were this stone’s throw away. I would be coming in night after night after night. ◘

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...