Nuffnang

Featured Post

Ensembles Wear my Design Year 3 (2014)

The piece I have designed for the Ensembles contest is now out in stores!

Friday, November 9, 2012

Sage’s Fave Five: The Wonder of Stevie Wonder



The singer-songwriter and multi-instrumentalist never fails to amaze me. Here’s my top 5 songs from the music whiz.

photo:  fanpop.com


5. Ebony and Ivory – a collaboration with Paul McCartney; a song about the black and white piano keys; taking a deeper thought on race / ethnicity
 
We all know that people are the same wherever we go
There is good and bad in ev'ryone
We learn to live, We learn to give each other what we need to survive together alive



4. Overjoyed – true to the title, I am filled with delight whenever I hear this song

And though you don't believe that they do
They do come true
For did my dreams
Come true when I looked at you
And maybe too, if you would believe
You too might be
Overjoyed, over loved, over me



3. Lately  - I love the arrangement, more on how it ended; the lyrics don’t define my current situation though

Well, I'm a man of many wishes
I hope my premonition misses
But what I really feel my eyes won't let me hide
Cause they always start to cry
Cause this time could mean goodbye



2. Knocks Me Off My Feet –it makes my heart beat faster and slower at the same time

We lay beneath the stars under a lover's tree
that's seen through the eyes of my mind.
And I reach out for the part of me that lives in you
that only our two hearts can find.
I don't want to bore you with my trouble
But there's something 'bout your love
that makes me weak and knocks me off my feet
I don't want to bore you with it
oh but I love you



1. My Cherie Amour - easy listening

Maybe someday you'll see my face among the crowd
Maybe someday I'll share your little distant cloud
Oh, Cherie Amour, pretty little one that I adore
You're the only girl my heart beats for
How I wish that you were mine
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...