Nuffnang

Featured Post

Ensembles Wear my Design Year 3 (2014)

The piece I have designed for the Ensembles contest is now out in stores!

Monday, January 14, 2013

DIY: Cape Top



I would like to share another regular post entitled “DIY” that highlights craft ideas and other art projects. Recycle or upcycle materials; Turn an old item into something fresh. Make a piece of fabric into something ingenious.



For now, I’ll present a do-it-yourself cape. Looking back, the style I was going for was leaning towards the tattered or deconstructed feel.


A black, pleated, mullet skirt can become a cape top to enhance your outfit.


 

1. Remove the garter from the waist area of the skirt
2. Cut the front part in half and remove just enough fabric
3. Sew a golden button for the enclosure

The color can be easily combined with different looks plus the pleats add personality to the whole get-up. ◘

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...