Nuffnang

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Sage’s Fave Five: Toto

Here are my top 5 songs by Toto.





photo: .legendsrevealed.com


      5.   Rosanna

      All I wanna do when I wake up in the morning is see your eyes
      All I wanna do in the middle of the evening is hold you tight

4.   I’ll Be Over You

It takes some time
God knows how long
I know that I can forget you

As soon as my heart stops breakin'
Anticipating
As soon as forever is through
I'll be over you



3.   Lea

Here's to the few who fared my love
Only for you, I cared, my love
I've given it hope and I know it's only you
Encased in silence

Here's to the you who saved my love
Only to you, I gave my love
I've given it thought and it's not all that appears

Lea, how long will you still want me to want you
In and around you
Lea, my concertina
Will you still want me to want you
  

2.   I Won’t Hold You Back

If I had another chance tonight
I'd try to tell you that the things we had were right
Time can't erase the love we shared
But it gives me time to realize just how much you cared

Now you're gone, I'm really not the same
I guess I have myself to blame
Time can't erase the things we said
But it gives me time to realize that you're the one instead

You know I won't hold you back now
The love we had just can't be found
You know I can't hold you back now

  


1.    Africa

I hear the drums echoing tonight
But she hears only whispers of some quiet conversation
She's coming in 12:30 flight
The moonlit wings reflect the stars that guide me towards salvation
I stopped an old man along the way,
Hoping to find some old forgotten words or ancient melodies
He turned to me as if to say, Hurry boy, It's waiting there for you

It's gonna take a lot to take me away from you
There's nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do
I bless the rains down in Africa
Gonna take some time to do the things we never have




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...