Nuffnang

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Sage’s Fave Five: James Taylor

The songs of James Taylor.




photo: rokpool.com


5. Don’t Let me be Lonely Tonight
Do me wrong, do me right. Tell me lies but hold me tight.
Save your good-byes for the morning light, but don't let me be lonely tonight.



4. Wandering
I've been wanderin' early and late
From New York City to the Golden Gate
And it don't look like
I'll ever stop my wanderin'
No, it don't look like
I'll ever stop my wanderin'



3. Handy Man
Here is the main thing I want to say
I'm busy 24 hours a day
I fix broken hearts, I know I really can

If your broken hearts need repair
I-i am the man to see
I whisper sweet things, you tell all your friends
They'll come runnin' to me
 

2. Your Smiling Face
Whenever I see your smiling face,
I have to smile myself
Because I love you, yes, I do.
And when you give me that pretty little pout,
It turns me inside out.
There's something about you, baby,
I don't know.

Isn't it amazing a man like me
Can feel this way,
Tell me how much longer,
It could grow stronger every day.
Oh, how much longer?


1. Fire and Rain
I walked out this morning and I wrote down this song
I just can't remember who to send it to

I've seen fire and I've seen rain
I've seen sunny days that I thought would never end
I've seen lonely times when I could not find a friend
But I always thought that I'd see you again

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...