Nuffnang

Featured Post

Ensembles Wear my Design Year 3 (2014)

The piece I have designed for the Ensembles contest is now out in stores!

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Story: S/He Says





He Says

We were driving along Roxas Boulevard.

And there she was sitting beside me. Her face out of the window looking at the passing sights. The wind was blowing her long black hair. A whiff of something so familiar.


Silence accompanied us.

In an effort to break it, I reached for the radio and turned it on - tuning the knob aimlessly, searching for a good song.

Our hands met then I gazed at her and saw what could have been a faint smile and then she turned away.

We stopped to get ourselves coffee. I handed over her favorite Iced Macchiato. She looked at me and said “Thank you.”

Her eyes fixated at the horizon. I took a sip from my cup.

Oh! Those hazel eyes… Sometimes blank but more often full of emotions.

I’ve been waiting for the right moment. I’ve been wanting to ask her but without the courage to do so.

The light will fade, the words unrehearsed may disappear now but it will be there when the sun rises.

Just like a precious stone locked in a box forever.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


She Says

We were driving along Roxas Boulevard.

And there he was on the steering wheel. His eyes on the road. That familiar scent bringing back memories.

Silence accompanied us.

In an effort to break it, I looked at him wanting to start a conversation.

Our hands met then I gazed at him. Quickly shying away but I gave him a keen smile.

We stopped to get ourselves coffee. He handed over my favorite Iced Macchiato. I looked at him and was grateful for the gesture.

His eyes fixated at the horizon. I took a sip from my cup.

Oh! Those ebony eyes… A thousand and one questions.

I’ve been waiting for the right moment. I’ve been wanting to ask him but without the courage to do so.

The light will fade, the words unrehearsed may disappear now but it will be there when the sun rises.

Just like a precious stone locked in a box forever.

*planning to create a short film for this 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...