Nuffnang

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Watami - Japanese Casual Restaurant



This is one of the ”I want this. I want that. I want everything” restos. With their delicious and affordable dishes in the menu, you’d really have a hard time deciding which to get. 



Watami – Japanese Casual Restaurant offers a variety of food from sushi and sashimi, ramen and soba to pizza and fries.

You don’t believe me yet? Try browsing their menu here: https://www.facebook.com/WatamiJapaneseCasualRestaurantPhilippines/app_370583559634791











They were quick to serve the dishes even if the place was jampacked with people (family and friends) enjoying a, well, Japanese casual dining. 
  
While we were at it, the conversation revolved around being a food blogger or a foodie at that. I realized that I was into every inch of details during my first few posts. Later, it was becoming more of a photo collage of what we ordered. You see, I don’t have any background in cooking (‘cause I love to eat more...ok I’m kidding). I couldn’t describe how it’s prepared, cooked, served and my vocab’s limited to delicious-not delicious or like-don’t like. You haven’t heard me say “Julienned vegetables seasoned with cayenne to bring out flavor that is quick to the nose and ends in the mouth. Ok that was an exaggeration.
 


G said that it’s ok to post photos with limited texts. “A photo speaks a thousand words”, he added. Partly true but I guess he was just trying to make me feel better. For me, I try my best to share my firsthand experience when doing a food column. The food may look good but the taste is another story. But then again, the posts are my own point-of-view. So before it gets puzzling, here’s what we had:



Beef Rice Bowl with Hot Spring Egg in Tokyo Style


The beef was so tender and flavorful and the poached egg was done right as yolk flows perfectly.


Shrimp Tempura Roll


This reminds me of a scene from “Ratatouille”, having two food with unique flavor and then combining them gives birth to a new one. I love the plating, too. This is a must-try.
  


Chicken Thigh Skewers


Two sticks of chicken skewers served on a plate with a slightly sweet sauce.



Stir fried Udon with Seafood


G’s fare though he gave me some noodles. The dish was with generous serving of seafood. He kept mumbling “Ang sarap”. Go figure.
  


Self-Grilled Short Ribs


Our perception was a dish with little serving for its price. But 10 bite size pieces of the meat was heavy enough to make our tummy full. High quality meat - you can see all the juice coming out and it has absorbed the butter well. Served with sauce, the technique is to eat the beef first and then dip it in the sauce.



Sake (Rice Wine)

The thing with sake is that it can either be hot or cold. Well, maybe next time.



With efficient staff and good food at affordable price, Watami deserves two thumbs up. ◘
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...