Nuffnang

Featured Post

Ensembles Wear my Design Year 3 (2014)

The piece I have designed for the Ensembles contest is now out in stores!

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Cook Off (G-C Version): Pineapple Chicken

We got inspired by "Cook Off" that we had our own version of the TV show. 

Ghe's plate:




Who said that I couldn't cook? Here's mine:



Made on separate occasions, I've come up with a list of comparisons.

1. Ingredients

G's Recipe


•garlic        •onion    •pineapple tidbits    •ginger     •oil  •pineapple juice     •evaporated milk       •red bell pepper 



My ingredients? Nothing fancy but I'm sure the dish wasn't short of taste.

•garlic        •onion           •chicken     •salt & pepper    •pineapple chunks    •flour (breading)    •oil     •potatoes



The difference? Ginger, pineapple juice, red bell pepper, evaporated milk and potatoes.

2. Process

G's chicken was put in a casserole pan with water put to a boil.

He used the broth to cook the meat more.


He then added ginger and red bell pepper.



He put in evaporated milk, pineapple juice and pineapple tidbits.
 


Mine was fried. I sauteed garlic and onions.  Then my chicken went straight in the pan after putting salt, pepper and flour as breading.  I added fried potatoes.




I drained the oil then put the pineapple chunks and pineapple syrup. Simmer for 5 minutes so that the meat will absorb the sweet taste of the fruit.


3. Taste and Appearance
Ok, I don't want to sound biased here...

With G's dish, it overflows with broth. As for the flavor, I tasted the ginger more with little hint of pineapple.

Mine was sweet but it turned out like fried chicken garnished with glazed syrup and pineapple chunks.

But with G ranting that my dish only tasted as good 'cause he was the one who bought my ingredients (fresh chicken meat, flour, potatoes).

Oh! And did I say he blurted that he could re-create what I did... I'm thinking he felt threatened.

Now you be the judge.Who do you vote for?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...