Nuffnang

Featured Post

Ensembles Wear my Design Year 3 (2014)

The piece I have designed for the Ensembles contest is now out in stores!

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Cook Off #2: Misua

Okay, I was challenged to do a cook off by G with misua as the main ingredient.





G's post here:
http://piscesofeverything.blogspot.com/2013/07/lets-cook-misuang-shabu-shabu.html

His version consisted of pork, siomai, chicken balls, chicharon and patola.

I actually wanted mine simpler so I opted for instant crab and corn soup, chicken, carrot and egg.




I just had all the ingredients minced - just look at all the colors. Put crab and corn mix in a saucepan and bring it to a boil for 10-15 minutes . This will serve as the base of my dish. 


 In a separate wok, sauté garlic and onion then put chicken until tender. Add the carrot, the soup base and spring onion for added texture and flavor.




My verdict on G's dish, it's okay but became too salty and too complicated. 

While his on mine, it's good enough but the base was overpowering that he couldn't get the taste of the misua.


We had 2 (un)willing victims at home to be our judge. The score: 1-1.

I really love the challenge 'cause I'm learning how to cook. ◘

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...