Nuffnang

Featured Post

Ensembles Wear my Design Year 3 (2014)

The piece I have designed for the Ensembles contest is now out in stores!

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Silhouette

Donning a bodycon dress is tricky. A bodycon is a piece of clothing that clings to the body.






It takes interest and even a greater amount of confidence to pull this off. Oh yeah, coming from someone drawing on the heavy side.


Most bodycons originate from the bondage trend where strips of garment are sewn together to come up with a piece of clothing. It has evolved with different color combinations and then floral and psychedelic prints.


Modesty comes in that's why I accessorized the outfit with a cardigan. 


It looked kinda boring so I added a silk obi belt in maroon which complemented the colors more.


While most would pair this piece with high heels, I prefer flats in black & white with a crochet-like detail and a black bow.


A casual flair. My take on a somewhat sophisticated piece.



6 comments:

  1. So beautiful outfit! I love the dress! ❤

    macabrefledgling.blogspot.cz
    ✿ Rinako ✿

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I do love the print and color. =)

      Delete
  2. I agree it takes confidence to pull of a bodycon dress, but you pulled it off very well! Thank you for stopping by my blog! I am your newest follower! :)

    xoxo,
    Olivia Yuen
    Morning Blush Blog
    Bloglovin'/Twitter/Instagram/Pinterest

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful dress! And i love your blog! and can't wait to read more! I also followed you on GFC!

    Also I'm new to blogging and i'm trying to meet some fellow bloggers so I'd love if you had some time if you could check out my blog and let me know what you think! it'd be greatly appreciated! And maybe even follow me on bloglovin or gfc if you like and want to!

    thanks so much xoxo Randa
    http://pandaraige.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...