Nuffnang

Featured Post

Ensembles Wear my Design Year 3 (2014)

The piece I have designed for the Ensembles contest is now out in stores!

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Sailor Moon's Crescent Wand

I've been receiving requests to do posts about toys / toy reviews. Thinking about it, I was once a kid too.
I personally think that toys are not at all childish. They are, in more ways than one, our stronghold and our source of inspiration. They shape our creativity and imagination.



photo: moonprincess.com

I already created a post when I listed down my top 5 Chopper scale models. Link here: http://fashion-sage.blogspot.com/2014/06/sages-fave-five-chopper-scale-models.html

So much clamor for toys that I would want to follow through with a toy I bought when I was still in Secondary School.

Sailor Moon first aired in the country on October 1994 and the rest is history. I was hooked. As a child, I envisioned myself as the heroine in the series. I felt that I needed a wand to ward off evil. A pretty way to amuse myself as a kid huh.

Unboxing the Crescent Moon Wand aka Moon Stick. 

Front


Back



A pink stick with a golden crescent moon on top. It comes with three rings in pink, red and purple.




The wand is used by Sailor Moon (Usagi Tsukino) to perform "Moon Healing Escalation". 



The toy creates a magical sound when you press the golden star in the middle.



It's also perfect timing in doing this post when the Sailor Moon reboot entitled "Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Crystal" is set to premiere on July 2014.

It has a modern look and feel compared with the version I grew up with. Something to look forward to.



2 comments:

  1. i want usagi tsukino badly :)http://fashion-sage.blogspot.com/logout?d=http://www.blogger.com/logout-redirect.g?blogID%3D5633339247737420466%26postID%3D3465841266336761703

    i used to have complete set of paper dolls way back then. they're just fun to play with. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a huge Sailormoon fan. You can share links here. ♥

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...