Nuffnang

Monday, August 25, 2014

The Lover's Dictionary

Currently reading "The Lover's Dictionary"by David Levithan.

Witty and creative



It's not a dictionary but a compilation of words and how they relate to stories that convey emotions and human relationships.



Sometimes poignant but reflects reality. 

Sample entries:




The book inspired me to create my own versions:

placid, adj
It's you and me sitting under a tree. Your hand in mine watching the night sky. 

surrender, v.
Cornered and trapped in your embrace.  Eyes that tell a thousand stories. I don't know how your lips found mine. We're breathing heavily. Sunrise peeks through the window.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great book ;)

    Mind to visit my newest post?
    http://missdjoen.blogspot.com/2014/08/video-happy-1st-anniversary-bblog.html
    Thankyouu ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy reading this book. I visited your site and followed you via GFC. Thanks.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...