Nuffnang

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Sage's Fave Five: Wedding Songs

Looking for wedding songs is like orchestrating a musical. It's like finding the correct soundtrack for a movie. You dig deep in the treasure trove of songs to find something appropriate for the processional, mass, intermission and so forth.



photo from pinterest


While the occasion calls for a more solemn vibe, I prefer a more upbeat or contemporary selection.

Here's my fave five wedding songs:


5. I Won't Give Up on Us - Jason Mraz


When I look into your eyes

It's like watching the night sky

Or a beautiful sunrise

Well there's so much they hold

I won't give up on us
Even if the skies get rough
I'm giving you all my love
I'm still looking up


4. Kick Drum Heart - Avett Brothers

We're walkin' in to the fields.
We're walkin in to the forest.
The moon is before us.
Up above
We're holdin' hands in the rain
S-sayin' words like I love you
There's nothing like finding gold
Within the rocks hard and cold
I'm so surprised to find more
Always surprised to find more

I won't look back anymore
I left the people that do
It's not the chase that I love

It's me following you




3. Flowers in the Window - Travis

Wow look at you now flowers in the window

It's such a lovely day and I'm glad you feel the same

'Cause to stand up, out in the crowd

You are one in a million and I love you so
Let's watch the flowers grow


2. Clocks - Coldplay

You are
Where I wanted to go

1. Till There Was You - Beatles
(and yes Ghe's dad played it on our wedding ♥)


There were bells on a hill


But I never heard them ringing



No, I never heard them at all

Till there was you

Then there was music and wonderful roses

They tell me in sweet fragrant meadows

Of dawn and dew


There was love all around

But I never heard it singing

No, I never heard it at all

Till there was you




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...