Nuffnang

Featured Post

Ensembles Wear my Design Year 3 (2014)

The piece I have designed for the Ensembles contest is now out in stores!

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Feeling Gypsy

Bohemian is a term referring to those who live in peculiar ways: nonchalant free-spirits. Nowadays, the word is used to describe a trend, sometimes called gypsy style, characterized by floral prints and flowy materials. 





The irony of how it is carefree and now restricted to labels. Like a product lifecycle, we are in the process of evolving and somehow we learn through it.


Okay before I sound geeky here, this post is really about comparing outfits that are of the same flair. The photos above were taken a few weeks back while those below were taken months ago.


On the "dark" corner: it's navy blue floral pants, black sandals and tassel necklace.

On the "light" corner: baby blue pants, silver sandals and bronze necklace.




In my opinion, it is way better to wear pieces that lean on the darker palette. Piling on the right accessories helps too!


So you ask why do I have two pairs of boho pants? I don't know. I have the tendency to buy things on impulse. The next time I am tempted buy something, I need to ask myself these questions: Do I really need this? Do I have a similar item in my closet? Can I style it in many ways? Will it be able to transcend time?


What do you think? 

8 comments:

  1. Hi there my dear! I just want to ask if we can follow each other on Bloglovin, GFC or Facebook?

    Please leave a comment on my blog and follow by blog!

    http://kstylick.blogspot.com

    You can also like my Facebook page.

    https://www.facebook.com/Kstylick

    I will follow you back! XOXO

    Korean Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I'm following you via GFC. Hope you could follow me back too! Thank you. =)

      Delete
  2. Hi,dear! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. I'm now following you :))
    Greetings from Spain

    http://plamystyle-fashion.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your patterned trousers! I bet they are really comfortable!

    elzyella / a lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ella! Yup they are very comfortable to wear. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...