Nuffnang

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Sage's Fave Five: The Cure Songs

A huge listener of "The Cure" here. My go-to band whenever I need some New Wave fix.

The Cure's Twitter page




5. Pictures of You

I've been looking so long at these pictures of you

That I almost believe that they're real
I've been living so long with my pictures of you
That I almost believe that the pictures are all I can feel

If only I'd thought of the right words
I could have held on to your heart
If only I'd thought of the right words
I wouldn't be breaking apart all my pictures of you

There was nothing in the world that I ever wanted more
Than to feel you deep in my heart
There was nothing in the world that I ever wanted more
Than to never feel the breaking apart, my pictures of you



4. Friday I'm in love

Monday you can fall apart

Tuesday Wednesday break my heart
thursday doesn't even start
It's Friday I'm in love


Dressed up to the eyes

It's a wonderful surprise
To see your shoes and your spirits rise
Throwing out your frown
And just smiling at the sound


3. In Between Days

Yesterday I got so scared
I shivered like a child
Yesterday away from you
It froze me deep inside


So come back, come back, don't walk away
Come back, come back, come back today
Come back, come back, why can't you see?
Come back, come back, come back to me





2  Just Like Heaven

"Why are you so far away?", she said
"Why won't you ever know that I'm in love with you?
That I'm in love with you?"

You, soft and only, you lost and lonely
You, strange as angels
Dancing in the deepest oceans
Twisting in the water
You're just like a dream



Daylight licked me into shape
I must have been asleep for days
And moving lips to breathe her name
I opened up my eyes
And found myself alone, alone, alone above a raging sea
Stole the only girl I loved, drowned her deep inside of me




1. Boys Don't Cry


I would say, I'm sorry

If I thought that it would change your mind
But I know that this time
I've said too much
Been too unkind

I would break down at your feet
And beg forgiveness
Plead with you
But I know that It's too late
And now there's nothing I can do



I would tell you that I loved you
If I thought that you would stay
But I know that it's no use
That you've already gone away

Misjudged your limits
Pushed you too far
Took you for granted





2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...