Nuffnang

Featured Post

Ensembles Wear my Design Year 3 (2014)

The piece I have designed for the Ensembles contest is now out in stores!

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Sage's Fave Five: Dashboard Confessional Songs

Dashboard Confessional or simply "Dashboard" is an emo band fronted by Chris Carrabba. 

With temperamental lyrics and catchy melody, you'll play songs on repeat.


enochmagazine.com


My top 5 songs:

5 .Vindicated

So turn
Up the corners of your lips
Part them and feel my finger tips
Trace the moment, fall forever
Defense is paper thin
Just one touch and I'd be in
Too deep now to ever swim against the current
So let me slip away

4. Hands Down

Breathe in for luck,
breathe in so deep,
this air is blessed,
you share with me.
This night is wild,
so calm and dull,
these hearts they race,
from self control.

Hands down this is the best day I can ever remember,
I'll always remember the sound of the stereo,
the dim of the soft lights,
the scent of your hair that you twirled in your fingers
and the time on the clock when we realized it's so late
and this walk that we shared together.

3. Don't Wait

The sky glows


I see it shining when my eyes close

I hear your warnings but we both know

I'm gonna look at it again


Don't wait, don't wait


The road is now a sudden sea

And suddenly, you're deep enough

To lay your armor down


2. Stolen

We watch the season pull up its own stage


And catch the last weekend of the last week

Before the gold and the glimmer have been replaced

Another sun soaked season fades away


You have stolen my heart

1. Belle of the Boulevard

Down in a local bar
Out on the boulevard
The sound of an old guitar
Is saving you from sinking
It’s a long way down
It’s a long way

In all your silver rings
And all your silken things
That song you softly sing – is keeping you from breaking


4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...