Nuffnang

Featured Post

Ensembles Wear my Design Year 3 (2014)

The piece I have designed for the Ensembles contest is now out in stores!

Monday, December 1, 2014

Black & White Photography Challenge

Cheche, my hubby's sister, nominated me to do the Black and White Photo Challenge. The idea is to post a black and white photo each day for five days. For my own photos, I dared myself to have a theme inspired by songs or music lyrics.



Day 1 - "Stairway to Heaven"
It was quite a busy day/night due to some deliverables. While I was taking dinner, this flight of stairs caught my fancy. The wood's texture added varying gradients of black and white. It also exhibited that part of me admiring structure and construction. I nominated Robin since he loves to take photographs.



Day 2 - "Concrete jungle where dreams are made of"
I wanted to capture a landscape. Amidst tall buildings in the city, there's still an area where lush greenery flourish. I nominated Danica who is also an enthusiast.



Day 3 - "Today is where your book begins"
It was a rainy day so I checked in my office drawer for something I could use. Oh, a book! I was trying to figure how to shoot it- cover, paragraph fonts, a loose leaf. How about flipping the pages? I picked Jeff 'cause he nominated me for another challenge. Ha. 



Day 4 - "Under my umbrella"
And yet another rainy day. I have this plastic, see-through umbrella. The rain plus the monochromatic color create a dramatic effect don't you think? I nominated my cousin Kuya Paul.



Day 5 - "Stars are falling down from heaven"
This time no effect of changing the color to grayscale. How about shooting something already in black and white (piano keys for example)? Ok, I somehow cheated but it's eye-catching (for the lack of a better adjective), right? I nominated Abby who also loves photography.


What do you think? You can share your own black and white photos too!


photos taken with my cellphone camera



6 comments:

  1. Amazing photos!

    Check out my new post Here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're very talented, you just snap that black and white photos with your phone's camera... It's very great! Btw, thank you for visiting my blog and for the follow. It really thrills me every time a fellow pinay blogger decided to follow my blog, (which is very rare.) though I have few great fellow pinay bloggers, I guess you're going to be one of them too! Stay pretty, and keep posted!

    New follower,
    Cassie Thriftier

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cassie. I appreciate the kind words. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...