GlamST, founded by women from Uruguay, is an app for iOS that helps one discover makeup samples that work. It is an online platform used by Dior, YSL, Shiseido and Lancome.
So how do you use it?
1. Snap a selfie / photo of yourself. Adjust the dots by moving them to cover the areas of your face, eyes and lips.
Tip: zoom in your face to get an (almost) accurate measurement
Modify details like skin tone, eye and hair color so the makeup that will be generated suits your palette.
2. Get started by choosing any of the following: Trendy, Sexy, Edgy, Glamourous, Fresh and Hipster
Hipster = effortless
The makeup icon at the bottom will show you a mix of products within a price range so you can recreate looks that are budget-friendly.
Glamourous = high-end
The light bulb icon shows photo inspiration for the makeup created.
Fresh = light, dewy
The moon and star icon refers to makeup wearable during the day or night. Be casually chic in the morning or be fully glammed-up in the evening
Did you notice how the eyeshadow was emphasized on the night look?
Edgy = avant-garde
This calls for a darker makeup.
The icon in the middle lets you save the image and share it on social media like Facebook and Instagram.
Sexy = seductive
Winged eyeliner, colorful eyeshadow, rich lipstick color.
The silhouette icon lets you invite friends to try the app and adjust the photo by tweaking feature details
Trendy = current, chic, contemporary
You can have a photo comparison by swiping from the left of the frame to drag the separator
Get makeup ideas from celebrities too! I got mine from Heidi Klum, Reese Witherspoon, Jessica Alba and more.
Once you have selected an image, you can opt to buy the items at Sephora.
Products used for the “Drew Barrymore” look
- It stores photos in your folder so you can access them anytime
- Sample 12+ looks per style
- Put on makeup without doing any purchases but if you like to you can buy them since it is connected with Sephora
- You get to try different looks without actually putting makeup on
- Know the latest trend, experiment and select different styles on your photo with just a click anywhere, anytime.
- I hope there is an undo button while adjusting the face details. I have unstable hands so I find it difficult to move the dots.
- I wish there’s something for the eyebrows too
- Some looks are similar
- The mobile app has pre-created samples already. I hope the user can get to mix-and-match products and get to select colors
This is a very useful app for those considering different looks based on different price ranges. It’s fun playing with the styles on your own photo. Download the app here: https://itunes.apple.com/uy/app/glamst/id917490858?mt=8
If you are interested and want to learnmore, visit their page here http://glamst.com
http://instagram.com/glamstapp on Instagram
https://twitter.com/glamstapp on Twitter
While I was given the opportunity to try on the app, all statements expressed are my own.
Powered by Brandbacker