Nuffnang

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Sage's Fave Five: Songs of Vertical Horizon

I am a huge Vertical Horizon fan. Here are my top five favorite songs.

photo:fanart.tv



5. I'm Still Here

I found the pieces in my hand

They were always there
It just took some time for me to understand
You gave me words I just can't say
So if nothing else
I'll just hold on while you drift away
Cause everything you wanted me to hide
Is everything that makes me feel alive


Seeing the ashes in my heart

The smile the widest
When I cry inside and my insides blow apart
I tried to wear another face
Just to make you proud
Just to make you put me in my place
But everything you wanted from me
Is everything that I could never be


Maybe tonight

It's gonna be alright
I will get better
Maybe today
It's gonna be okay
I will remember

I held the pieces of my soul
I was shattered and I wanted you to come and make me whole
When I saw you yesterday
But you didn't notice
And you just walked away 



4. Everything You Want

You're waiting for someone

To put you together
You're waiting for someone to push you away
There's always another wound to discover
There's always something more you wish he'd say 



3. You're a God

I've got to be honest

I think you know
We're covered in lies and that's OK
There's somewhere beyond this I know
But I hope I can find the words to say



2. You Say

Here in the light

It burns you up inside
Here in the shell of a sun
We echo on 

Too much listening
Not enough living 


It helps you out

Knowing I'm left out
Locked in a box with a light
That won't shine 



1. Best I Ever Had (Grey Sky Morning)
*happy that I can already play this on guitar ☺


So you sailed away

Into a grey sky morning
Now I'm here to stay
Love can be so boring 

Nothing's quite the same now
I just say your name now 


So you stole my world

Now I'm just a phony
Remembering the girl
Leaves me down and lonely 

Send it in a letter
Make yourself feel better 


And it may take some time to

Patch me up inside
But I can't take it so I
Run away and hide
And I may find in time that
You were always right

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...