Nuffnang

Featured Post

Ensembles Wear my Design Year 3 (2014)

The piece I have designed for the Ensembles contest is now out in stores!

Saturday, August 29, 2015

Aural X

I was logging in my FB account when this post popped up my feed. I was reminded of the workshop I got to attend four years ago. Yep, four years and it was just like yesterday.

P.S. Oh yeah, Jeff had his arm autographed and now got it tattooed



Jeff and I participated during the Aural X Workshop with Ely Buendia, an event sponsored by Fully Booked and JB Music. That's me (third from left)!



I think I was the last person they called - August 26, 2011 (Friday evening), with only 10 participants to grace the whole day event on August 27 (Saturday), I went to Fully Booked BGC as quickly as I could to reserve my slot. I didn't want to miss this once in a lifetime opportunity.




Here's the haiku I submitted:


Let us run away

From this harsh and jagged world
Just the two of us




So what did I learn?

Pursue / chase after your dreams. Never give up. Take small steps. Make time for the things you want to do.

Music wise, it takes a million tries to create something - it doesn't have to be decent the first time but it will get better through practice.

On the basis of originality (been trying to write a separate article on this), everything must have come from something. 

Writer's block can happen but if you just open your eyes, you can take inspiration from every space and content.

There must be someone out there who'll like your work. Believe there is.

2 comments:

  1. Cute photos :)
    BLOG M&M FASHION BITES : http://mmfashionbites.blogspot.gr/
    Maria V.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...