Nuffnang

Featured Post

Ensembles Wear my Design Year 3 (2014)

The piece I have designed for the Ensembles contest is now out in stores!

Sunday, September 27, 2015

Sage's Fave Five: Coldplay Songs

I am drawn to the band's guitar riffs, piano solos and the songs' lyrics. 


billboard.com


Without further ado, here are five of my favorite Coldplay songs.




5. Speed of Sound



How long before I get in?
Before it starts, before I begin?
How long before you decide?
Before I know what it feels like?
Where To, where do I go?
If you never try, then you'll never know.
How long do I have to climb,
Up on the side of this mountain of mine?


4. In My Place

In my place, in my place
Were lines that I couldn't change
I was lost, oh yeah

I was lost, I was lost
Crossed lines I shouldn't have crossed
I was lost, oh yeah

Yeah, how long must you wait for it?
Yeah, how long must you pay for it?

I was scared, I was scared
Tired and under-prepared
But I'll wait for it

If you go, if you go
Leave me down here on my own
Then I'll wait for you


3. Clocks

The lights go out and I can't be saved
Tides that I tried to swim against
Have brought me down upon my knees
Oh I beg, I beg and plead, singing

Come out of things unsaid
Shoot an apple off my head and a
Trouble that can't be named
A tiger's waiting to be tamed, singing


And nothing else compares

You are 

Home, home where I wanted to go 


2. The Scientist

Come up to meet you
Tell you I'm sorry
You don't know how lovely you are
I had to find you
Tell you I need you
Tell you I set you apart

Tell me your secrets
And ask me your questions
Oh let's go back to the start
Nobody said it was easy
It's such a shame for us to part
Nobody said it was easy
No one ever said it would be this hard
Oh take me back to the start

I was just guessing at numbers and figures
Pulling your puzzles apart
Questions of science; science and progress
Do not speak as loud as my heart


1. Yellow

Look at the stars,
Look how they shine for you,
And everything you do,
Yeah, they were all yellow.

I came along,
I wrote a song for you,
And all the things you do


Your skin,
Oh yeah your skin and bones,
Turn into
Something beautiful,
Do you know,
You know I love you so


If you would like to know the band more, you can check for more details, and schedules of concerts and tours:
https://maineventspecials.com/coldplay-tour-and-tickets/

2 comments:

  1. i love coldplay! Really nice post. :)

    keep in touch!
    http://chasingculprit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ellie.. Have a great day ahead. =)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...