Nuffnang

Featured Post

Ensembles Wear my Design Year 3 (2014)

The piece I have designed for the Ensembles contest is now out in stores!

Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Mixed Media Notecards Capsule Class: Watercolor Florals

Life is a continuous learning process. We keep on exploring things, processes, thoughts and ideas. We never stop absorbing everything that comes our way ‘cause we want to become better individuals and enhance our skill set.


So when I saw the deets about this workshop on painting florals using Zig Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolor with Ms. Iris Babao Uy, I did not have second thoughts in joining.

Sample works below:



The session started with the basic techniques of painting with watercolor such as wet-on-wet and wet-on-dry, translated as wet brush on wet paper and wet brush on dry paper respectively. We also tackled the different edges, i.e., soft and hard. We were also advised to use the proper supplies and tools beginning with brushes (find the appropriate material, shape and size), paper (texture and weight), palette (made of plastic or porcelain) and paints (opaque or transparent, pan or tube).

Zig Kuretake Gansai Tambi paints


We had our first exercise doing roses, starting with the center then moving outward, then blending light and dark colors for that realistic effect. We moved on to our second type of flower shape and continued practicing with our strokes and colors.



The kit provided is comprised of a boxed set (10 pcs watercolor paper, 10 pcs card, 10 pcs envelope), plastic palette, small brush, die cuts made of foam and paper in gold and dye inks.

paper, card, envelope


palette, brush, water container


die cut machine


these are made of foam and paper

dye inks

Sometimes we can use and add other tools like stencils.


Tada.. Here's the note card I made.


It really takes some practice. Since I wanted to share some of my pieces, I put up art.work.shop


Here's how I have come up with the name/brand:

Art = It serves as an outlet for me to express insights and perspective on a lot of things

Work = I put in effort to produce and create

Artwork = is the product of all the hard work and perseverance

Shop = an avenue for sharing and yes selling my art pieces

Workshop = I continuously develop myself to become better at my craft


Here's a group photo during the workshop.


###

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...