Nuffnang

Featured Post

Ensembles Wear my Design Year 3 (2014)

The piece I have designed for the Ensembles contest is now out in stores!

Friday, March 31, 2017

Brew Your Best Food Feature

An early Saturday morning rise is like waking up to my favorite music on the radio. It is quite refreshing to know that it's the weekend but you know that something so beautiful can end so quick. But what the heck, it's just a matter of perspective and while I'm at it, I try to savor every minute and every second of it.

Let's rewind to the time when I was just casually viewing my Instagram feed when I saw a post from Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf (CBTL) Philippines about a food writing workshop in partnership with Writer's Block Philippines (WBP) featuring Beatriz Isabel Acosta, Features Editor of ClicktheCity, as guest speaker. Food and writing rolled into one? I knew I needed to attend the event.




Fast forward to the big day, I was among the thirty strong participants who were listening intently and writing down tips on food writing, food photography and their emergence and influence on social media. To put into practice what we have learned, we were provided with dishes offered in 26th St. Bistro by Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf, Net Lima.




We were served with Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad, the tender chicken and hard-boiled egg make for a chewy texture, the crisp Romaine lettuce and croutons create a harmonious crackling sound, drizzled with their signature caesar dressing and shaved parmesan cheese that give a tangy taste.  A well-meaning introduction that kept my anticipation growing.




Their Cheeseburger in layers of pure real beef, oozing cheese, fresh lettuce and tomatoes on wheat bun will truly make your mouth water. And did I say, it comes with a generous serving of fries too! As a verse to a song, this serves as an interlude to the best yet.



I was hooked with the Seafood Marinara. This topped the charts for me - al dente pasta with a smooth tomato-based sauce. It was neither too sweet nor sour for my taste but it hits right in the palate. 




The Herb Crusted Salmon with Lemon Risotto in rich, creamy sauce of melted butter and egg yolks sets for a symphonic finale that got my tummy full.







If I were to have it my way, I would wish to play this experience on repeat.


Being part of this is definitely one for the record.

###

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...